Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Worship through Music


Sometimes a song just reaches out and grabs your soul....  I have a few that bring me to tears each time I hear them. 
Kutless
Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes
And make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it's more than you can take
But you're stronger
Stronger than you know
Don't you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining
I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do
It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason
For someone not to try
Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing
Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(That's what faith can do)
When the world says you can't
It'll tell you that you can
That's what faith can do
That's what faith can do
Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise
 
Redeemed

Big Daddy Weave

from the album Love Come To Life
                                       
Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me
“Son, stop fighting a fight that's already been won”

(Chorus)
I am redeemed
You set me free
So I'll shake off theses heavy chains
And wipe away every stain
Now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed
I am redeemed

All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear You whisper, “Child lift up your head”
I remember oh God, You're not done with me yet

Chorus

I don't have to be
The old man inside of me
'Cause his day is long dead and gone
Because I've got a new name
A new life I'm not the same
And a hope that will carry me home

Chorus (X2)
  • MercyMe

    Greater

    MercyMe

    from the album Welcome To The New
                                                 
    Bring your tired
    Bring your shame
    Bring your guilt
    Bring your pain
    Don't you know that's not your name
    You will always be much more to me

    Everyday I wrestle with the voices
    That keep telling me I'm not right
    But that's alright

    ‘Cause I hear a voice and He calls me redeemed
    When others say I'll never be enough
    And greater is the One living inside of me
    Than he who is living in the world
    In the world
    In the world
    And greater is the One living inside of me
    Than he who is living in the world

    Bring your doubts
    Bring your fears
    Bring your hurt
    Bring your tears
    There'll be no condemnation here
    You are holy, righteous and redeemed

    Every time I fall
    There'll be those who will call me
    A mistake
    Well, that's ok

    There'll be days I lose the battle
    Grace says that it doesn't matter
    ‘Cause the cross already won the war
    He's greater
    He's greater
    I am learning to run freely
    Understanding just how He sees me
    And it makes me love Him more and more
    He's greater
    He's greater

No comments:

Post a Comment