Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Joy in the Midst of Trials


 James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Yesterday I experienced a day filled with joy.   I was praising God all day for His love, His care, and I was able to give Him all my worries and cares. (and I did not try to take anything back to care for myself). 

My prayer list is quite long and I tend to take on the needs and worry instead of trusting God with the needs. 

I received many comments on the lack of Christmas news this year.  I sent out a simple cards with a picture of my husband and I.  So on with the news:

Our oldest daughter was married in November.  Her and her husband live two miles away in Penn Valley in a beautiful ranch home with a couple acres.  Her husband's leukemia came back after being in remission for a few years.  His sister donated her bone morrow in December and the transplant did not take.  He is currently in the hospital with staff infection and pneumonia.  My daughter works at a hair salon in Grass Valley and takes care of her husband and his needs.  Praying for them always!

Our oldest twin was married in September and has recently changes jobs.  He is now working for Sun Run Solar, selling solar systems to homeowners.  Our daughter-in-law is a nurse in Ventura, they live in a beautiful place in Ventura.  Her grandmother was recently diagnosed with cancer. Praying for them always!

Our youngest twin moved back from Oahu and lives with his twin in Ventura and works for Sun Run Solar also.  Praying for him always!

Our youngest son is in the army and stationed in Ft. Drum, NY.  He is having shoulder surgery on Wednesday.  He is in the middle of the extreme winter weather on the East Coast.  He is due to separate from the army in July.  Praying for him always!

Our youngest daughter is working her way through her third year of college in CSU Monterey Bay.  She works and pays her way through college.  She is dating a young man who graduated last May and works full time as a personal trainer.  Praying for them always!

Today I have many prayers to lay before the only One who can care for them all.  I have a friend in the hospital, my sister-in-law is having a knee replacement on Wednesday, my parents are snow birding in Mexico(praying for safety), many church members with health issues, my daughter and son-in-law, and all of my children in their daily affairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment