Thursday, February 12, 2015

Love Outloud

Lately, I have been witnessing a lot of "loving outloud".  The term originated for me with Love Does by Bob Goff.  If you have not read his book, it is a must.  A compilation of short stories from his life in which he witness or experiences himself love in action.  Love should be an action, not just a feeling, or a fleeting moment in our life.  I am a "doer", so the idea of love in action is so powerful to me.
Here are some examples from the month of February, 2015.

My oldest daughter is full-time caregiver for her husband who is battling leukemia.  He has walking pneumonia presently and has recently been released from the bone marrow program at UCSF and has been in and out of the hospital over the last 8 months.  My daughter is my hero at this moment.  She has unwavering love for her husband and has been given extra compassion, love, and patience to handle whatever his care plan requires.  Amazing love in action.  I pray for her strength and peace for her everyday.

My youngest son had surgery yesterday on his shoulder (reconstruction of the shoulder) and a friend is taking care of him.  She is a God send and is doing an incredible job with him.  He is fighting the pain and discomfort and she is an angel sent from above.  Even with his crankies, she has such a great attitude.  I continue to pray for both of them.

I have friends who are taking care of their disabled children and aging parents and caring for their daily needs.  I see the joy in their eyes when they share their experiences of loving their children/parents this way.  They truly are receiving God's blessing each day.

I have friends in the hospital and many are visiting them and bringing a bit of joy each time they see them.

I have friends that have lost family members recently and the community of people by their side is amazing.

I know many single parents who are persevering with one or more children.  Being mom and dad to them.

I know grandparents raising their grandchildren and giving them amazing lives, in the midst of no parents around.

I know some who are being blessed in the midst of financial ruin.  They are receiving blessings unheard of and provisions to many to count, while looking for work.

God gives each of us a smile, love and compassion and we are to share that with others in our life everyday.   Just a few examples of Love Outloud this month.


1 comment:

  1. I love this one ❤️❤️ Love over everything

    ReplyDelete