Thursday, January 29, 2015

Panda's, Fairies, and Babies

OK! Does anyone else read as many Children's Books as I do?  
I find myself reading as many children's books as "adult" books.  
Currently, I have in my possession....
How Many Baby Pandas? by Sandra Markle
The Girls of Gettysburg by Bobbi Miller
Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Tale of Benjamin Bunny by Beatrix Potter *who shares the same birthdate as I, just a few years earlier*
Rush Revere and the American Revolution by Rush and Kathryn Limbaugh

Does it come from having worked in a Children's Library for four years, or from loving to read to my own children or loving children's literacy? 
Maybe all of the above.
I recently ran across a book, "Just Right For Two" by Tracey Corderoy and loved it so much I sent a copy to my son and his wife, my pastor's son and his wife, and my daughter.  Only because the meaning of the book was so good, for those in loving, fullilling relationships.  We think we have all we need and are ok by ourself, the independent.  Then we meet someone and realize our life is missing something when they are not in it.  Oh and I purchased myself a copy.   
My husband is the missing piece, when we are apart.
(This is a pattern for me in my life, to dedicate books to people)



No comments:

Post a Comment