Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Beginnings

I absolutely love new beginnings.  The idea of keeping my journals on a "blog" has been a thought I have wondered about.  So I have some Anonymous Aquaintences (AA) in my life who have blogged for years and share their thoughts "outloud".  I would never!  

OK.  So my husband and I went to a marriage seminar years ago, while we were raising five children.  I think it was more for the time-out for the adults, and to provide the grandparents with some one on one time with the children.  While at this seminar, we were advised not to use absolutes with our spouses or children.  Absolutes such as: always and never.   I call them "hyperbolic absolutes" unless those terms are used properly to describe true absolutes (i.e. "God always existed."). Most people use hyperbolic absolutes glibly (while accusing their partner of "always arguing" for example).    Anyway, so when I say "never", let's just say there are things in my journal that I would never, ever, ever share.  I have gone as far as to burn journals, which I have shelves and shelves of in our office.   I am going to attempt to "moderately" share my life with my vast audience.  
FYI-I might admit to being a person who loves absolutes.  Hmmmm...  I believe in some absolutes.  More to come. 

BOOKS I am reading---This will be a common thing with my blogs.  What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriaty, Happy, Happy, Happy by Phil Robertson, Sled Driver by Brian Shul, Rush Revere and the American Revolution by Rush and Kathryn Limbaugh, In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson (author of a Walk in the Woods).  Oh and my Poetry fix is Emily Dickinson.

MOVIES/SHOWS I am watching---Downton Abbey**yes the bug finally caught me**, Castle TV Show(more for my husband, who loves crime shows) and A Hundred Foot Journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment