Saturday, March 28, 2015

Kayaking Adventure

Today was an amazing day!  Started off with practicing for the Amazing Grace Easter Program 2015 at First Baptist Church.  We have an amazing program on Saturday, April 4 at 6pm and Sunday, April 5 at 9am and 11am services.  The program will consist of Bells of Praise, the accurate rendition of Jesus' death and resurrection in song and drama.  Including the Lord's Supper.   We have been practicing for weeks and are almost ready. 

After our practice my husband and I took some kayaks out to Scott's Flat Lake and kayaked from the Deer Creek river to the dam.  We had just gotten set and ready to row to the creek, when I dropped the sunscreen in the lake, I leaned over to retrieve it and dumped my kayak.  We had already had the conversation about whether to wear our bathing suits or not.  I had said, "I will not be getting in the water today."  Well, that came back to bite me...  Within 5 minutes of being on the lake, I was in it. I did dry in the few hours we were out there.  and All in all....Beautiful day!  I did not want to leave the lake in the late afternoon.

We came home to barbeque and clean up the rose garden and house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment